Women in American History Award
Do you know a woman who has made a difference or a contribution in her community? She could be a historical entity or currently alive and worthy of recognition. If this woman was, or is, an intellectual, educational, social, religious, political, scientific or cultural innovator, please nominate her for the Women in American History Award. The woman may be a DAR member, a prospective DAR member, or a non-member. One or more women may be nominated. The nomination form is on the national DAR website under American History Committee, or may be obtained by contacting our chapter at sierranevadadar.com.
Community Service Award
Do you know someone deserving an award for their outstanding community service? If this individual meets the following qualifications, please contact Sierra Nevada Chapter Regent Laura Miceli at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The individual or organization must have contributed to the community in an outstanding manner through voluntary heroic, civic, benevolent service, or by organizing or participating in community activities.
- The achievement must have taken place within the past five (5) years with no compensation.
- Members of NSDAR are eligible for this award if the service is unrelated to their DAR activities.
- The award may not be presented to a recipient more than one time and may not be initiated or approved posthumously. Awards that have been approved may be presented posthumously.
- A nominee may not receive more than one NSDAR award for the same accomplishments.
- Community Service Awards are chapter or state awards of recognition. They are not contests. There is no competitive judging on any level.